Target Group: Healthcare professionals who must know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a range of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Instructor: Bruce Romanow
Completion Requirements: Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS for Healthcare Provider (C) course completion card.
Renewal course: 4 hours
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The Chain of Survival TM
- One-rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Two-rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway